Friday, April 6, 2012

What to do instead of spinning or knitting

Wash! After a week of grey cold weather, Good Friday is sunny and gorgeous (if not warm). I've been inspired by the weather and having everyone home, plus impending dinner guests, to do some serious house cleaning.

Sadly, I've been distracted from the fact that the downstairs is still in total uproar by washing knits. I pulled all the winter stuff (hats, scarves, mittens, etc) out of the front hall and have thrown them in the bathtub with some cold water and Soak.
Washing day
I'm hoping that this enthusiasm means that it will warm up enough that these things don't need to be kept quite so handy any more this spring!

I also have been putting away some of the stash spread all over the place, and I recently received the 6th installment of the iKnit sock club.
IMAG0504
You will notice that there were six installments total. To date I've knit none of the projects. Or even logged the yarn into my stash on Ravelry. Hmmm...I'm sure I can find something spectacular to do with these babies, but I'm pretty sure I won't be reupping my subscription - I need negative yarn flow, not positive!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter/Passover/whatever other spring holiday you might be celebrating now or in the new future. Have a great weekend!

No comments: